Remote patient monitoring
(RPM) technologies that track and transmit a patients vital signs can provide real-time insights for healthcare providers to determine next steps. Show2Doc is a Doctor-to-Patient monitoring and communication platform that combines telemedicine capability and connectivity with medical devices into a single system. It was designed specifically for remote monitoring of COVID-19 patients.
Show2Doc has has the full range of features required for remote monitoring and treatment: convenient task manager & scheduling, video calls & text chats, doctors prescriptions, medication management, vitals monitoring, patient diary, and much more.
The system includes a web interface for the doctor, a convenient application for the patient (Android and iOS), a virtual cloud, ISO certified in the EU and portable medical devices for home use (optionally). Steps to organize remote patient monitoring for СOVID-19 patients at home or outpatient treatment via Show2Doc:
- Onboarding (creation clinic and doctor accounts with Show2Doc team, creation Subscription for Patients, downloading Patient App and downloading the patient app, activation of Subscription, monitoring devices supply).
- Training (online videos and support, teaching the patient how to take measurements and make data).
- Daily monitoring log (prescribing tasks from the doctor, creating of the monitoring or/and treatment plans).
- Measurements (collection and transmission of health parameters).
- Online interaction (text messages or video calls).
Show2Doc team helps to register all participants of the treatment process in the system, accounts and subscriptions are created. Patients are instructed by the clinical coordinator how to download the Show2Doc mobile application to their smartphones during check-in. Patients also receive medical devices to monitor symptoms which may include:
- infrared thermometer
- pulse oximeter
- blood pressure meter, etc.
Patients who are at high risk of rapid respiratory distress, should be provided with a pulse oximeter. Training
Patients should be provided with a virtual guide describing the procedures for using the software and data entry, and contact information for technical support.
They then need to be instructed on how to log their daily symptoms and physiological data in Show2Doc app, and how and when to make video calls with a doctor for symptom review, clinical assessment and risk stratification.Daily monitoring log
Daily physiological measurements include:
- body temperature (°F / °C) — 3-4 times a day every 4 hours
- oxygen saturation level (%SpO2) — 3 times a day
- systolic and diastolic blood pressure (mm Hg) — 2 times a day
- heart rate (bpm) — 2 times a day
Also, the doctor can prescribe medication with an indication of the time of admission.
For example: “Take 500 mg of Ascorbic Acid, after meals, the time is 9:00”.
The patient will make a check mark and the doctor conducting the PRP will see that he is following recommendations for the implementation of the treatment protocol.Doctor-to-Patient interaction
Video calls are primarily needed for visual clinical assessment of symptoms, as well as teaching patients how to manage symptoms at home. If a clinical deterioration is detected, the patient should immediately make a virtual visit to the doctor via Show2Doc. Clinical indicators for a virtual visit to the doctor, include:
- significant changes in the severity of symptoms
- new chest pain or shortness of breath
- deterioration of physiological indicators, including hypoxemia (oxygen saturation <94%), tachycardia (heart rate >100 beats per minute), tachypia (>20 breaths per minute)
- or any other clinical picture specified by the doctor conducting the PRP.
The introduction and use of the RPM system like Show2Doc for managing COVID-19 cases is preferable to traditional models of medical care. Because RPM allows for daily symptom monitoring, reduces the use of limited hospital resources, improves access to care and reduces the spread of the virus.
Show2Doc.net — partner for care.
Tel.: +43 142 400 23
Exhibitor Data Sheet