DÜSSELDORF, GERMANY – 18 November 2019 – Avery Dennison Medical is launching eight new products at the 2019 Medica International Trade Fair, which begins today and runs through November 21 at the Messe Düsseldorf. Medica also marks the official unveiling of Avery Dennison Medical as the new unified brand for Vancive Medical Technologies and Finesse Medical Ltd.
Exhibiting in Hall 6 Stand H07, Avery Dennison Medical is showcasing a diverse range of new adhesive medical materials and private label wound care solutions designed for use by medical device original equipment manufacturers (OEM). “For applications ranging from glucose monitors to ostomy appliances, each new material is designed for both optimal patient experience and manufacturability,” says Deepak Prakash, senior director, global marketing, Avery Dennison Medical.
● Three of the new products, MED 5740, MED 5741 and MED 5742, are single-coated adhesive materials designed for long-term, multi-week wear for applications such as glucose monitors, insulin pumps, activity trackers, electrocardiogram monitors and other mobile health and wellness products. All are soft, conformable and breathable.
● One new product is a five-layer silicone foam border dressing for private labeling. This dressing, designed to manage moderate to high wound exudate, features a PU foam and super-absorbent fiber composite pad. The product is breathable, offers gentle adhesion to the skin and maintains a moist wound healing environment.
● MED 5043 is a single-coated, soft, transparent PU film offering wound and surgical site visibility, conformability, breathability and moisture resistance. This acrylic adhesive material is die cuttable, easy to handle and compatible with two sterilization methods — ethylene oxide and gamma irradiation.
● MED 5710SI is a single-sided soft-skin silicone adhesive nonwoven material. It can be used to make advanced wound care dressings or as a cover tape for finished devices. With gentle adhesion to the skin and atraumatic removal, it is ideal for securing to fragile skin.
● MED 5541H is a single-coated, transparent PU film designed for wound care, ostomy and device fixation applications. Featuring an advanced, integrated hydrocolloid formulation with high fluid-handling capacity, this new product is designed to remain intact and not break down upon saturation. It is built to assist in creating optimal skin and wound healing conditions.
● MED 5712SI is single-sided soft-skin silicone adhesive nonwoven tape. Designed for wound care and consumer applications, this water-repellant tape can be easily torn by hand in the cross direction. The nonwoven carrier has a fluorine coating to allow the tape to be self-wound without the need for a release liner. For more information about these new products and Avery Dennison Medicals full spectrum of services and solutions, visit medical.averydennison.com.
### Caption for image MED 5710SI.jpg:
Avery Dennison Medical has introduced MED 5710SI, a soft-skin silicone adhesive nonwoven material. Among other applications, the material can serve as a cover tape for finished devices or be converted as a silicone wound contact layer in the construction of multi-layer advanced wound care dressings. Image courtesy of Avery Dennison Medical.
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The companys products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
About Avery Dennison Medical
At Avery Dennison Medical, materials science, innovation and customer excellence are at the heart of everything we do. For more than 40 years, we have been innovating adhesive materials and helping advance the possibilities of medical applications. An ideal partner for medical device manufacturers, we offer customized solutions, innovative pressure-sensitive tapes, converted components, and private label products. Our expertise and capabilities help take our customers ideas from concept to completion. Its how we are making a material difference in patients lives. Learn more at medical.averydennison.com.
T: +1 610 328-1051
Public Relations for Business, Inc.
Avery Dennison Medical Media Contact
Andrew Deckert, 224-374-2109
Exhibitor Data Sheet